Pages

Botanics BB Cream

Tuesday 17 June 2014





























Now that summer is officially upon us, it's time to make the transition from foundation to BB creams. I am a huge fan of BB creams, especially because I only really use light coverage foundations anyway. I can't say that I've tried many different BB creams, the list contains only two: Maybellines Dream Fresh BB Cream which I enjoyed for a while until I found this one from Boots' own range, 'Botanics'. 
I've had this BB cream for around a year now, and I use it most days and really enjoy using it. It is a light to medium coverage, however it can easily be built up if you prefer a heavier coverage.
Like I said, I've owned this BB for around a year now and it hasn't caused any massive breakouts and my skin seems to respond really well to it. I like to use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend it into my skin as I've found that it applies much more evenly when blended with a brush instead of my fingers. It doesn't emphasise any dry patches I have and leaves a dewy finish which is perfect for summer!
Another thing that makes it perfect for the sunny months is that it has an spf of 30, which means it will really protect your skin from the sun.
I have it in the shade 'light' and it matches my complexion perfectly. The only downside is that they don't have a very wide shade range, I think there are only three shades, light, medium and dark, which means it may be hard to find a colour match. 

Lily Mint

4 comments:

  1. This has been so helpful as i'm looking to try a new BB cream. whats your opinion on the maybelline one?
    I'm new to blogging,If you have a free minute please take a look at my blog, leave me a comment and maybe a follow? i'll do the same for you! Any feedback is much appreciated. thankyou! its Littlemisscazzie.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really like the Maybelline one and think I might repurchase it xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog! I saw your super sweet comment on mine and I thought I'd hop on over to your site. Love it! www.laurieamedina.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete